Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gone to New York




Leaving Michigan was hard. It's not just the little piece of heaven that Cathy and Greg call home, or leaving Cathy and Greg, it was trying to catch the cat! Fluffy did not want to leave. Who could blame her? Not me, or Coco either. She was so pissed about it she told me off and then hid under the seat for the entire drive.

Cathy mapquested the trip from her house to Alice's (Long Island, NY) and on the road, I mapquested the route from Cathy's to Helen's (Randolf, NJ) which should have been on the way. Travel time: 10 hours Okay- I left Cathy's about four, and that should work. I wanted to get in at about six am so we could have a cuppa tea before she went to work so I dawdled a little bit. The route selected by mapquest traveled roads I'd never driven before, but then i always went to NJ from NY so, okay, new roads, cool!

When I got there (according to the directions) I was in the completely wrong part of NJ - uh oh, so I quick re-did it and sure enough, a new route that was two hours away was pulled up. This would cut tea to a quickie, so I went directly. Got to that location, it was no where near where I needed to go! Tired and pissed off at myself for not using the freaking atlas, I stopped a cop who politely told me that I needed to be WAAAY north of here, so much for tea - and I headed north. By noon, I was so mad, I can't go into it. Suffice to say, I stopped at Barbara and Lou's (unannounced and unexpected) and Louis prevented a complete and total melt down.

It was after 2:00 and I was out of patience, the animals were hot and tired and I was still no where near Helen's, I went to Alice's - with apologies to Helen, and although I was days early for this visit, Alice was her gracious self, even though my feet were beyond swollen and I was a total cranky butt. Total driving time 14 hours

A good night's sleep can do wonders and so I am wonderful, the rest of the swelling should be gone by Christmas :D the animals are fine, Fluffy may speak to me sometime later in the week, you never can tell, and Coco is just happy to be anywhere besides the van. Tomorrow we visit Mom, and Barbara but Alice is driving, and we'll be at her house at least through the family reunion 7/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment