Friday, June 11, 2010

My Kingdom for Some Milk

I know you thought I was gonna say "tea"...but I have tea, I jut left the milk at Jack and Sue's...how long have I been drinking tea with milk? Oh yeah, forever...I just forgot.

I'm reporting from the Quality Inn in Durango, Colorado. I have a room with two kings, one for me and one for the pets...I am sort of wondering why I have a hotel room tonight when I've only driven for six hours or so. There isn't a good answer, but there is an answer. I especially wanted to drive Colorado 550. It is the most beautiful drive I have ever taken in my life (last August) so since I was in the neighborhood...

I left Santa Fe at about 2:00 as planned. Lorraine will be proud of me because I stopped at a car wash so that I no longer have an adobe car, and headed towards NM 550 which turns into Colorado 550. For some reason, I headed south to go north (no, I don't know why, but I did) and an hour or so into it, the map showed that I'd get there so what the hey...

It is not surprising that it took me forever to get through New Mexico (I am laughing at myself right now) and when I crossed the Continental Divide I remarked on it to Fluffy, who really didn't care. When I crossed the Colorado border both animals were sound asleep so I didn't even comment. It was well after seven and I wanted to see this part of the trip so, I found a room and here I am. A hot bath will do me a world of good, and I have Therma del Sol bath soak. What more could I need?

Tomorrow, Colorado 550 and at breakfast, I promise to make an itinerary for longer than one day. Honest Injun :D

No comments:

Post a Comment