Monday, July 5, 2010

Foot Soaks $5













My family is full of gracious hosts! Some, already honored in previous posts, and some, yet to come...Alice welcomed me four days early and catered to my every need. She was four hours done with the school year and nonetheless amazing.




The thing about being back in New York is that I get to see the family in groups rather than the ones and twos that I have become accustomed to. It is amazing and overwhelming. For me, it is way too easy to blow out my foot when my heart is recording all the images/sights and sounds of life before me. These experiences are my lifeblood, and when I am far, far away I replay them to remind myself of the vast amount of love in my life and in the world. It is too easy to forget this when the news cranks out the worst of humanity twenty four hours a day...but I digress...




Michael hosted his annual Fourth of July Extravaganza, among the family members and honorary family members in town for the festivities were Patrick with his son Ian, Chris with both Conor and Ryan, Helen with Spencer and Emma, Don and Lisa with their three boys, and of course, the local contingency.







On July 3, I went to a barbecue at Kathy Trotta's (aka Foulon) and got reacquainted with some folks from way back in high school. I stopped by Michael and Terrie's on my way home which, my foot decided, was not the best idea I ever had. I had a great time, but by the time I got back to Alice's my foot bore more resemblance to a sausage than any other thing. When I woke up at eight, the situation remained and I went back to sleep.




By two o'clock, I could walk a little, and I headed out to the festivities a little crankier than I realized...oops. It was so hot that it was steamy, not my favorite weather but when Michael plopped down a gigantic bucket of cold water in front of me, "Foot Soaks Five Dollars" I would have wrestled anyone to the death for first soak. Ten minutes later, I was a new woman AND I found my smile. It was in the bucket the whole time :D Which reminds me, I owe Michael five bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment