Monday, June 21, 2010

Family Reunion Part I?

Five days at Andrew and Sue's beautiful home turned into a family reunion of sorts. It really worked out perfectly, I arrived Wed. afternoon and got settled in by Andrew who scooted off to work after a short visit. I ensconced myself in their RV since all their bedrooms are on the second floor and I don't do stairs. Sue came home about an hour later and we had a wonderful visit as she prepared dinner for the three of us.

Thursday and Friday, they worked and I rested my feet and took some short drives to investigate the area. It is certainly green and lush, surprisingly, the rain did not bother my foot as I had expected - a welcome surprise. During the day it is a bit of a sauna, but air conditioning makes it very bearable.

Coco and Rosie (their golden) got on right from the start, and Fluffy who escaped upon arrival, dutifully reported to the RV at bedtime, thought Andrew and Sue never saw her for a minute the entire visit. I do believe they think I have an imaginary cat :)

On Friday, with very little notice, Patrick, Jodie, Ian, Devan, and Liam arrived in the wee hours for a welcome weekend visit. It is the first time I've met the boys and they warmed up immediately and we had a wonderful visit that went way too fast. They left Sunday afternoon, reluctantly, and it is a testimony to the quality of the visit that no one was prepared for them to leave so soon! It was so good of them to make the trip from Georgia, and Sue and Andrew were excellent hosts. The two guest rooms were perfect for Pat and Jodie's family, and being in the RV worked out wonderful well for all.

Monday, I got to have a wonderful visit with each of them, and tomorrow I head to Michigan to visit with Cathy and Greg. It has been near twenty years since I last was in Michigan, and I look forward to it. For the first time, my next leg of the journey is less than a five hour drive. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment