Sunday, May 30, 2010

Remembering Memorial Day







Having spent a week in Nevada visiting my sister, Suzanne, her daughters and grandchildren - complete with the cutest little dogs you ever saw, I actually remembered it was Memorial Day this morning.

If I could, I would go to my father's grave this morning - though I am in the wrong state for that - nonetheless, I appreciate what he did to support our freedom and democracy. It is not that I think he is the only one who did so, thankfully many have and continue to do so, it is just that that is where I start. Remembering my father putting on his John Phillip Souza album and Check Spellingshouting "Rise and shine, it's a beautiful day!" at some ungodly hour...he really wanted us to appreciate our freedom and those who paid so dearly for it, and I do! It seems the older I get, the more I appreciate it...perhaps I am not so busy wondering if I will get a pimple today...be that as it may, I would like to thank all of the people that have spent some or all of their lives keeping us free! Happy Memorial Day!

I am sorry to report that I have not figured out how to post to my blog from my cell phone, but I do promise to be more diligent in finding a link or signal so as not to worry ya'll.

I did get to check out and eliminate Honey Lake from my list of destinations. It certainly was beautiful, but the mail is delivered to the mailboxes on Rt. 395 and the main roads heading in and out of the community are hard packed sand...both of which are deal breakers for me...so the journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment