Tuesday, May 18, 2010

All Ready, Except AT&T


Ah, so close...ready to go, just one box to integrate into the van. The district has invited me to join the board for retirement recognition on Thursday-and off I go...except for one little thing-my phone.

I have had the same phone number for over twenty years, so yeah, I want to keep the number. For a small fee, AT&T will forward all of the calls to that number to my cell phone. A virtual phone if you will. This was a tremendous relief to me until it actually failed to happen. Since Friday, my phone has been giving an out of service message, and I dare say that some people are really worried about me....thanks AT&T! Here I am embarking on the most adventurous move of my adult life and they need to trip people out? Aye yi yi...
yeah, I've spoken to them a half dozen times, and according to the robot it's all fixed except that it isn't and if it doesn't get fixed within a day or so, I guess they saved me the money because it won't be worth doing after all.

In the meantime, I am enjoying Lorraine and Jim's hospitality and tightening up the van inventory. I have found a small city that I really am interested in living in, northern California, so it's my next stop. I'll fill you in when I work out the details...this is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment