Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Plot Thickens

It is safe to say that times flies even when you're not having fun, for example it flies even when you are packing...but it isn't fair to say that I'm not having fun. Carin (Suzanne's oldest) jumped in her car and had her way with my garage. Which is to say that she sorted, packed, labeled and taped every box AND separated them for moving or yard sale. For those of you who have not seen my garage, this may not have the proper impact, let's just say that some of those boxes have been inhabited by four varieties of spiders and three varieties of ants for a couple of years now. In addition, there are well over one hundred boxes there...not one remained untouched - by the way whoever said that if you have black ants they chase out the others is completely wrong- but I digress...then, she jumped back in her car to drive the eight hours back to her beautiful family. She is my hero!

Brad, Lorraine, Jim, Kevin, and Richard converged on the now fully organized garage to set up my yard sale Saturday and Sunday. I cannot even pretend that I helped, unless you count my thank yous...The yard sale was a complete success and half the garage was emptied. Thank God! The local Goodwill has requested that I take a couple of days off before bringing them any more of my very cool stuff (no, I'm not kidding) and all of the boxes in the kitchen, living room and bedroom have been installed in the newly vacated garage space. this may all sound very mundane to you, but this is awesome to me! I can actually go from room to room again...it is the little things :D

Now, we come to the climax, I have four days to finish this extraction. The van is looking good, and as far as that is concerned, I am actually very excited. The POD arrives on Saturday and is removed Monday. We are surely in the home stretch...as for where I'm going...Carin has located me a house and a future husband, so all I have to do is show up...first stop, Fallon, Nevada. It would be funny if that's the way it works out, you never can tell - after all, this is me we're talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment