Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Adventure Begins

As you may have heard in whole or in part, I am in the process of designing my retirement :D As I write this I am in the final stages of packing my house for storage for the next three to six months (that's the corporate I, because I have lots of help). This frees me to travel some and get a feel for where I would like to spend my retirement.

It should not surprise you that I am interested in staying on the west coast. In fact, I am looking for a summer home on a lake that someone needs to part with and that I can live happily in.

I know my adventure is frightening to some, but please remember that I am the same woman that drove to California in 1979 with $176.87, for my younger readers, that was NOT a lot of money back in the day. That is to say that you should not overly worry about me, but I welcome all prayers on my behalf!

If you are nervous about my van, I have made arrangements to replace it when the time comes. In the meantime, I intend to drive it as long as possible to get the full value out of all the money I have invested in it. Plus, the setup is sweet!

I am leaving Burbank on Wednesday, May 12, 2010. My Blackberry Curve {which is new to me} has GPS, email, twitter, and many other features that I intend to become familiar with as I travel. Feel free to call or text me, though texting is a new skill for me - it is unlimited so I expect to become very familiar with it as I travel.

My twitter is goodhobbits as is my email goodhobbits@att.net. My home phone now has a permanent message directing you to call my cell phone number. I will not post that number on the blog, but if you email me, I'll send it to you (assuming that I know you).

I expect to visit Carin, Suzanne and her gang,then head north for a while and then east for the family reunion and a promised visit to Aunt Joan and Uncle Paul in Delaware. If you would like a visit, let me know and I will do my best to make it happen. Be advised that I am traveling with my dog, Coco, and my cat, Fluffy - which should provide me with some serious entertainment.

I do hope that you will enjoy hearing from me and wish me well on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment