Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Light Dusting

The view is oh so gentle with a light dusting of snow upon it.  I have been waiting for this for days.  I don't know why, I just really wanted it to snow.  It has really turned into winter now that the freezing temperatures persist in daylight.  They are predicting that next Wednesday it will warm up a little, we shall see.

I have been somewhat reflective these past few days...I have been thinking about how much it has cost me to keep the word disabled out of my self-description...too much I think, now.  It is the opposite of the power of positive thinking...when there is a cost to evading a negative truth.  I don't know what to make of it really, and I'm not sure what the purpose is of me realizing it now, but true to my blog's name, I did realize it later and I've learned to pay attention to these understandings-even if I've already paid the price.  So be it.

I had the Internet installed in the house, as expected.  They had to wire the house from the pole since the former tenant had pirated off the neighbor...perhaps I should go introduce myself to this hospitable person?  Hmm...an interesting thought.

I got baptised on Sunday, somewhat anti-climatic since God's been invited into every cell of my being for a very long time, still, I guess it was special in a very peaceful way.  For me, I guess it was more a confirmation of my beliefs, perhaps that is just a Roman Catholic hangover....I can't support the distinctions religious people make about which flavor of Christian you are.  For a long time now, it seems to me that God went through a lot of trouble making us all unique to insist that we be the same.  I know, you don't want to hear about it, still, it makes me wonder.

I suppose that I should start preparing for the holidays, I don't think I will though.  The decorations and ornaments (of which I have many) are all in the back of the shed since I expected to be unpacked by now...perhaps I'll aim for next Christmas?  My time would probably be better spent finding an organization that helps people off the streets while the weather is life-threatening to them?  More than likely, I will do what I have been doing, keeping warm, safe, and dry while I slowly unpack that box that is in my way.  That's really why I wanted the snow, to force me to deal with the inside of my house, instead I got a light dusting...inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment