Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Is Coming

The earth is white, as far as the eye can see.  I am warm, safe and dry.  The calendar says that Christmas is coming but I barely see it on the horizon.  This will be the first Christmas I've spent without any family, or friends for that matter.  It will be unique.

I've decided to observe the traditional Twelve Days of Christmas, which starts on the 25th.  That makes me not late in sending out my gifts and cards after the first of the year. 

I'm not certain how I'll spend the day...perhaps writing cards to loved ones, perhaps watching It's A Wonderful Life and other appropriate movies (assuming I can find them)  I also may assemble the fire pit I received last year which remains in a box on my porch.  However I end up spending the day, I am thoughtful of all the love in my life though the people be far away.

Learning to enjoy yourself, by yourself may be the lesson of the day...but don't worry because I will make the turkey, and you're welcome to join me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment