Saturday, November 26, 2011

Coming Together

Okay, after a not so great Thanksgiving,all my fault-of course...well, not really, I guess I'll just explain.  As previously stated, I had plans to join my neighbor and her four generations however, on Thanksgiving morning I discovered that Coco had the runs all over the carpet and the floor.  

That dog will bark if the wind changes direction, but for this he is silent?  I did not kill him or beat him, but threatened to do both as I kicked him out into the backyard.  Ay yi yi.  So of course I cleaned it up, and up.  I did know better than to have my tea before I started. 

Afterwards, I let him back in, fed the beast and proceeded to make my contributions to the meal.  As easy as string bean casserole is to make, by the time it came out of the oven my foot was shot for the day.  Ouch!  Her son came over and picked up the casserole and after they ate, Bev delivered two heaping plates to me.  I was so sore that I was nauseous and declined her company while I ate, because in fact, I ate two bites and went to bed.

Sadly, not only did I miss out on a great meal and good company, as well as the opportunity to make new friends (which I could really use) I also offended my friend.  Not my usual style, but what are ya gonna do?  So, today I went over and apologized profusely, and gave Coco the dead eye upon my return. We shall see if the friendship survives the last minute cancellation...

In the meantime, through the generosity of family and friends, I now have a laptop-YEAH, and the Internet will be hooked up on Dec.2 another YEAH.  So, as it goes, I am creeping back towards the 21st Century. 

I sure hope your holiday was better than mine, even if I do have pretty great left overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment