Tuesday, November 30, 2010

AT&T Strikes Again

I know, I know, I complain about AT&T too much, but it's only when they mess me up.  That's the truth of it...anyway...

I couldn't get on line last night for nuthin' so here I am, a day late and more than a dollar short.

This week, I had the pleasure of showcasing my jewelry in a boutique in Burbank!  It was very exciting and I sold a couple of pieces.  The store, Encore Nouveau, on Magnolia between Buena Vista and Hollywood Way will be carrying my line for the month of December (YEAH) and presumably, indefinitely as long as it earns its keep.  My excitement and preparation dwarfed my excitement about Thanksgiving, which is really hard to believe since it is my favorite day of the year.  I only made yams and used the quickie method on that... hopefully, no one will hold it against me. 

I was surprised at dinner to realize that this is my last holiday meal here for some time and it made me a little melancholy as I looked at my dear friends and both my brothers...I don't know that anyone was aware of my misty eyes, I cry so easily when I'm in pain, and people -well- they just let me.  I feel so humbled by their graciousness.  So I did what I should have done, I ate my full body weight and spent the next hours wishing I had shown just a little restraint.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Encore Nouveau requested new tags, so of course I made them...it only took a couple of days...they came out pretty cool.  I'll need to rework them again, but they'll do for the moment.  In the meantime, I had to dust off my designing brain and get to work because I haven't made anything new in a while.  If you've seen me in the last couple of months, then you know first hand that my stock was dwindling. 

I did have to hit a gem show on the quick, the closest one was in San Diego so I spent a day there.  Then I had to get more clasps, as I was down to two (very not good) and so I went to my favorite "no walking required" vendor and got a couple of dozen of them.  In the end, I spent more stocking up than I sold at the debut, but what are ya gonna do?  At least it's out there, and someone else is selling it for me-that's a good start to any day.

As for this week, I had expected to head out, but when was the last time I did what I was planning?  I couldn't tell you that, but I can tell you that I will stick around long enough to make back stock for Encore before I head east for the winter (How very strange!)  So, I remain in Los Angeles, where the temperatures have dropped into the forties (WHAT) and I think it's all my fault because I just have to get used to the cold.
I can't say that I mind being here, so I might as well finish up the Fluffy book while I'm at it.  Very ambitious for a person who has not been able to concentrate on one thing all day (sad, but true) and who knows, I just might get something done...no promises.  Talk to you next week, assuming AT&T can get its act together...

No comments:

Post a Comment