Thursday, January 12, 2012

Holiday's Away

And so we close another holiday season, my first as a resident of Colorado.  I can't hold this holiday against Colorado, although it wasn't my worst holiday ever, it was close.  Really, it isn't fair to say that either...it was mostly boring-which could have been a whole lot worse.  At any rate, the decorations are mostly put away and settling in is back in the front and center of my activities. 

It was nice to see my decorations, since I was separated from them last year and two years is a long time to not see something.  Actually, it has been longer than that for some of my household goods, so as unexciting as it may be to hear (or read) I am enjoying unpacking as a continuation of the unveiling of my past. 

It is true that I am looking at my life through a very different lens.  While I suppose that is true for everyone (at least I hope it is) I feel that it is especially true for me partly because I have had some geographical shifts, as well as occupational and physical.  Each of these changes brings a psychological component along for the ride.

True to form, I have figured out some things way too late to do much about it and I figure while that is par for the course, there must be some reason that my life has given me this special opportunity to comb things out in such detail.  There is part of me that would much rather just plow ahead (formerly my favorite life strategy) but I can't help thinking that since I have this opportunity to make my life over, I might as well apply whatever lessons I can.  And so it goes...the unraveling continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment