Saturday, January 7, 2012

Getting UnStuck

This week I spent almost all of my foot time getting the house together...unfortunately, I seem to make more of a mess fixing things than I do when I do nothing to reduce my tasks list.  So, what got done? The yard is now free of leaves, this is for the benefit of my neighbors, who consider it an eye sore.  Frankly, I like leaves but hey, I'm a good neighbor.

The outdoor storage shelves got moved to the back porch where they probably belonged all along.  Thank you Joseph and Ricky for providing the muscle to get this done.  No possible way I could do that.

My office is now functional.  This writes easily, but was actually a big pain in the Watusi.  There were many boxes stored in there and I had to contend with my teaching materials that break my heart.  So, what did I do with them?  I put them on the book shelves where they always lived, and I'll deal with getting rid of them when I can find a  place that can use them.  They are so specific to teaching elementary school that they really are of little or no use to anyone else and at least the boxes are out of the way.

The art work is now sorted and stored, except for the stuff that's going up.  I wrestled with whether or not to hang Mom's painting, which I call "My Mother's Madness" because it has no image and is all dark green and blended reds.  Some people find it scary to look at but since the other one she promised me never came to me, I am resolved to displaying the piece I have. 

The remaining pieces will be hung sometime next week.  I really could use someone to talk this through with but hey, they're not cast in concrete.

In the meantime, I have been doing some deep thinking, which doesn't pay.  It seems that the more I analyze things, the more I realize that I did the little things right and the big things wrong...such is life, at least mine, of course, I realized it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment