Monday, March 7, 2011

Old Home Week?

It's good to be back...only smellier...okay, so it didn't take long for me to get use to the clean air in Colorado, and it took even less time to get use to no traffic.  Rush hour traffic in Colorado Springs is equivalent to traffic in Los Angeles at four thirty in the morning, but it is good to be back.  I've only managed to visit with a couple of friends, but I did get my taxes filed so I can call it a successful week.

I have a busy week ahead of me, my storage POD is being delivered and I need to unload and reload it into the van.  Sound like fun? Oh yeah! I am really looking forward to seeing some of my things again.  I'd like to pretend that I know what's in there, but I don't.  I've spent some time thinking about it too.  The only thing I remember is thinking "Do I really have to get another POD?" then I saw that one of my kitchen chairs was still in the house and said, "Yes, I do." so now I am getting back one kitchen chair and whatever else was left in the house after two PODS had already been filled.  I suspect the van will look like something out of the Beverly Hillbillies when all is said and done.

My friend is having a yard sale on Saturday so I can conveniently dispose of anything that doesn't fit or doesn't make the cut.  I refuse to think about how much I've spent storing things that may not even make the trip with me, well maybe just a little...happily, I have family and friends to assist me in both doing the work and distracting myself from the wasted money.  I'll let you know how it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment