Sunday, March 20, 2011

No Great Shakes

This week, there's not a lot to report.  I remain in Los Angeles at the Stewart's.  The news of such a disastrous earthquake in Japan is sobering to say the least.  News of major earthquakes on the Ring of Fire are always frightening since we share that address on the planet.  Remembering that the nuclear power plant in San Onofre is built on a known fault makes me wonder more than ever how such a thing was allowed to happen? Back in the day, I participated in the protests to prevent that from opening...clearly, to no avail but in light of the catastrophe in Japan-well, let's just say it adds to my reasons for relocating from this area.


At the moment, I am enjoying the hospitality of dear friends and am working my way through the boxes that came out of the POD last week.  I need to reduce my things to a single load in the van, which isn't easy considering that I had already pared it down before it went into the POD.  When I focus on the reduction of storage expenses, it's easier to part with things that aren't new and can be replaced for less than storing it right now.  So, I will work my way through it and call it good. My progress is slow, but it adds up after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment