Sunday, March 27, 2011

Among the Missing

As I conclude my business in Los Angeles, and prepare to leave once again, it occurs to me that I have lost many things along the way.  In the interest of, perhaps, getting some of them back and preserving some marriages let me report that some of the main items that seem to have disappeared over my travels are socks and bras.  Now I am not surprised about the socks part.  I put them on and take them off any number of times during the day...but the bras part, well, I just don't get it. So if one turns up at your house, don't accuse your husband of an indiscretion, just mail it back to me.  If I receive one that I don't recognize, I'll dutifully let you know.

This week I did, finally, write the story of Grandma's roses, inspired by Sue Hopkins reporting that her and Andrew's cutting has budded thus establishing its survival of the transplant.  I hope to hear that the other plants are also showing signs of life.


In the meantime, it pleases me to report that I miss Colorado and am looking forward to returning.  I will probably be back again this week to save myself thousands of dollars by bringing a fully loaded van back instead of having it shipped.  I have a few small pieces of business to complete before I go, so assuming that my foot cooperates even a little bit, I should be headed back sometime this week.  Good thing I like to drive...

No comments:

Post a Comment