Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Gentleman and A Scholar

This week was significant for many reasons.  I finally reduced my storage by one POD (as long as "I" means Jim Stewart doing all the work and Debbie doing all the selling).  I completed my deposition (as long as completed doesn't include reading and signing off on the thing).  Lorraine and Jim took me out to a celebration dinner for this. (Thanks and YUM)

Today, I went to the memorial service for Jack Popejoy.  If you're not from the Los Angeles area you would need to know that Jack was a local AM newscaster on the all news channel.  He covered the earthquakes and any and every emergency in the area.  He was a calm person and presented the news in a balanced and informative way, which is very nearly a lost art in my mind.  He also happened to be the mate to a friend of mine, so I spent most holidays in their company and got to know him in a different way than most of his followers on the radio.  He was a nice person, witty, helpful, pleasant and a good listener.  I'll miss him.  It was an honor and a privilege to know him.

In the meantime, I got a flat yesterday so tomorrow I get to buy a new tire.  I just got tires in October but there you have it...oh well, the van won't run with three.  I will be in LA (by popular demand) until next weekend.  Frankly, I need the time to compact my stuff for transport in the van - and as much as my body likes Colorado, I need a little TLC to get me through the next phase of this transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment