Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year from Starbucks

This is my second time to this Starbucks, and my second post from this Starbucks.  Coincidence? I think not...I expected to connect from the library today but as it turns out, the library is closed on Sunday.  When I was here in October, I sat in the parking lot and composed my post from there, but today Starbucks seemed a better idea.

The holidays were very quiet here in Colorado Springs, which is easy to understand since I only know one person in the entire area (Aunt Joan/Jean) and she has neither television nor Internet.  We used the time to get to know each other a little better and eat whatever didn't eat us first.  Actually, I've lost a few pounds since being here (yeah) I just liked the sound of that sentence.

It snowed a couple of days ago.  It is rather ironic that two days after unloading the van for the first time since May, the van needed ballast to make it through the snow.  Oh well, I guess a pair or two of snow tires are in my future.  I don't know how I'm going to explain it to my budget...it will work itself out I suppose.

It is hard to overstate how happy I am that it is a  new year.  2010 was the most difficult year I've had since 1979, and I haven't decided which of them was worse, but I am happy to have survived once again.

Colorado Springs is agreeing with my foot (feet) which is not to say that I'm all better, just that on the whole it is more tolerable.  Compared to Los Angeles, I am half as miserable :) and even though it is the reason I selected this city, it still surprises me a bit.  I find it very easy to adapt to being less miserable...

Coco and Fluffy are extremely happy here, from the moment I pulled into Aunt Joan/Jean's driveway.  They took to her immediately, which is perfect since she took to them as well. All in all, we have a mutual admiration society going.  I'd call that a very good start to the new year!

Speaking of which, I'd like to wish you all a very Happy, Health and Prosperous New Year!  I'll post again, probably from my regular table at Starbucks (can you call it your regular table if you've only been there twice?) next Sunday.  I'll let you know when I figure out how to get the Internet into the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment