Sunday, January 23, 2011

Just Catching Up

When I arrived in Colorado Springs, it was the vernal equinox, a full moon, and a full eclipse.  A combination someone on the radio called a first in 183 years-I decided to take his word for it.  I don't know that these events were to commemorate my arrival exactly, but I took it as a good omen that highly beautiful things would happen to me while I was here. I took a bunch of pictures of it through the trees at Aunt Joan/Jean's house and I don't know if you'll be able to see it, but it sure was impressive.



On the same radio station, I heard an announcement for the third annual Colorado Springs Health and Wellness Fair, and I said, "That's for me!" I am so excited, I can hardly explain it.  It bodes well for me to be able to get an overview of the resources in this community before I have even settled in.  It's next Saturday, so I'll have to let you know how it turns out.

In the meantime, I found a weekly rents lodge in my price range that accepts the dog and the cat and I will start checking out the houses my realtor sent me, and chances are very good that I will find something that I can afford and enjoy while I learn my way around town.  I'm sure there will be more of that to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment