Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas from Starbucks :D

Well, Christmas is here!  I am ensconced in Colorado Springs, and for the first time since May, my van is unpacked and I couldn't be happier about it.  Aunt Joan/Jean is so happy to have me for Christmas that we're making a Thanksgiving dinner, how good do I feel about that? Tremendous!  Between the two of us, we'll be lucky to eat before ten pm, but we'll enjoy the process as well as making the memory of my first Colorado Christmas.  It's not white, but it's alright :D

It is easy to miss so much this holiday.  I have never lived in a new city for Christmas before.  I welcome the new experience, but my thoughts certainly wander to many cities and people that I wish I could give a Christmas hug to....probably you are among those I miss.  I came to Starbucks because they have Internet access and I wanted to post this among other things.  Should I admit that I played Bejeweled Quest before I wrote my post?  Probably not...

It's been really sweet listening to the girls chat with their regulars...it feels very familiar even though I don't know any one of them.  I'm glad I came because at this moment, I feel more  Christmas than I have this whole season, and let's face it, it's now or never so I am glad that I made the effort to go out.

Well, they are about to close, so I will as well.  I wish you a very Merry Christmas.  I will spend the day counting my blessings and expect that you are among them!  Much love,
Marian

No comments:

Post a Comment