Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another Happy Haircut

Today I am in Santa Fe.  I took a quick trip down to see the Warford's since I missed them at Christmas and we had a little Christmas of our own.  It was such a joy to see Susie, her bouncy beautiful self, on the mend after all the chemo and radiation.  Nothing could have been a better gift, for either of us.  In addition, I went to see my favorite hairdresser, Pearl of Pearl's Place, in Los Alamos and boy did I ever need it.  I also got to catch up with Suzy K and her two kids, who have each grown nearly six inches since October.  Must be something in the water :D

I needed a little break from Colorado, though I am looking for a house.  It's a little weird staying with Aunt Joan/Jean.  She has made me very welcome, but I am more used to being around many people and the world got a little small for me.  I will be back there on Saturday next, and it will be good to be back.  I do look forward to making some friends, I guess I need to be a little more patient.  After all, it is winter, not the most social time of year.

I now have a realtor, Kay Brown, who actually listened to my needs and has found a number of places in my price range.  This is a total change from Los Angeles where I couldn't afford a garage in Pacomia.  All of the houses that I'm looking at are bank owned foreclosures and under $80,000.  I don't know how fast or slow this will go, but I'm happy to be making progress at all.

I received confirmation that as of Feb. 1 I have Medicare.  Yeah!  I have quite a bit of research to learn all of the ins and outs of coverage including Part D which is drugs.  The idea of my medications being covered in whole or in part makes my heart (and wallet) sing. You can be sure I will be looking into that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment