Monday, December 13, 2010

Countdown To Colorado

Is it true? Can it be that I am leaving beautiful sunny southern California where it was 78 degrees for Colorado Springs where it was  sunny 27?  Yes, I say to you, yes.  This makes about a much sense as the rest of my life recently, so thee you have it, I'm counting down to get out of town.

This week has yet some excitement of its own: a doctor's appointment on Monday and my deposition on Friday. Sandwiched between these two very different bookends are some activities that have become quite normal for me, packing the van and saying goodbye to family and friends.

While it is my intention to relocate to Colorado Springs, I have had some serious resistance to this, so I'm just telling myself that I'm going for the winter to see if I can handle it.  That has made it easier to say so long to many familiar places and people.  It is hard to believe that I have been here over half my life.  Enough said...I'm going.

My jewelry is coming along over at Encore Nouveau, and I am glad of that.  It may yet give me a great excuse to come back for a visit in Frosty February...in the meantime, I'm just glad to have my designs out and hope for a developing following.  More on that to come for sure.

I may not be able to post next weekend as I intend to be on the road.  When I get to Santa Fe, where I'll be spending a day or two, I will update you on my progress.  Colorado Springs is five hours from Santa Fe, so it will be a day trip from there.

Please know that as much as I wish you the happiest of holidays, I do not expect to get cards out this year, so spread the love around for me and consider yourself kissed!

No comments:

Post a Comment