Thursday, June 21, 2012

Reunited and It Feels So Good

No, I am not going to sing you some sappy love song but I could think of no other fitting title for my experiences over this past week.  As you may know, I have been divorced for 18 years, and when we parted company I lost a family that I had taken to heart.  I understood that they were his family, but it was a powerful loss.

When my former passed away a couple of years ago, our niece (okay HIS niece) contacted me, which was very thoughtful and kind.  Since then she has reached out to me and we have reestablished our friendship.  This week, while in Los Angeles she invited me to dinner and it was more than nice, it was healing in a way I didn't really know I needed.

Since then, she has facilitated a reconnection with her brother, Kyle, who lived with us for a very short while but whom I also loved very much.  Today I saw him and met his amazing family.  He also brought along his mother, who greeted me as "sister" and filled my heart to overflowing.  Lindsay, Lisa's daughter also came and in an instant, we were family once again.  The frosting on the cake, three new additions to the family that never skipped a beat.

So many wonderful memories that I had set aside have come to surface and I am hoping that writing this will allow me to settle down for the sleep that I need, and somewhat crave.  I think I am so enjoying the emotions filling me up that I don't want this day to be over just yet...it is incredible to recover so much love, though there is certainly gaps in the years, there is no gap in the hearts.  Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment