Sunday, June 24, 2012

Gee, But It's Great To Be Back Home, except for you

After 24 hours at home, I have accomplished many things, petting the cat, cleaning the bathroom, petting the cat, food shopping, petting the cat, banking, petting the cat, a load of laundry, brushing the cat, and finally, petting the cat.

It may seem like I've done a lot with the cat, but don't ask for her opinion.  As for the rest of it, I am happy to be home mostly.  My feet hurt less, YEAH, my cat is happy, double Yeah and aside from the unusually hot weather and local fires, it's pretty great except for all of the people that made my trip so wonderful!

Reuniting with the Fagan's after eighteen years, was so heartwarming.  I didn't realize that I still missed them all so much.  It was endearing how we picked back up without missing a beat, and the new members fit right into my heart.

In addition to those amazing reunions, I also reconnected with some friends, also absent from my life for a number of years for a variety of reasons.  Each and every one made my experience that much richer and my departure that much more bittersweet. 

Finally, I had little time to spend with some who I really would have enjoyed seeing, and beating in cribbage, but that will have to wait for another time.  Suffice it to say that the last thing said to me by many was, "When will you be back?"  I don't have an answer for that, but I am certain that it is not soon enough for the Fifth Cousins of the Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment