Sunday, May 8, 2011

Slow As Molasses

I tried to title this post as Inch By Inch only to discover that I had used it before, which leads me to believe that I have been this slow before, which leads me to believe that I am slow as molasses.  That may not be interesting to you, but since I have spent this entire day trying to get anything done, it's nice to know that I have overcome this type of inertia before...

I am supposedly loading Brian's van for its return to him in Santa Fe but I have only succeeded in halfway doing half the things I need to.  At some point, the halves should line up into wholes and I will actually have accomplished something.  Time will tell.

I intent to leave Monday night, and arrive in Tuscon sometime Tuesday.  I read that six planets are visible along the horizon looking south east at about daylight using binoculars, which I have.   I'm kind of excited to park south east at some rest stop in the middle of nowhere and see what I can see.

In December, I saw the eclipse of the full moon, that was very cool (didn't I post something about that, I wonder, if I didn't, I'll add it today) anyway, I'll take some pictures if I see anything wonderful and share with you later.

This was my first Mother's Day without Mom.  It felt kind of like my first California Christmas, I knew it was a special day, it just didn't feel right.  I ate a corned beef sandwich in her honor, she would have loved it.

To all my friends and family who are mothers, Happy Mother's Day to you!  To all my friends and family who are not mothers, do the dishes and some laundry - it's probably your turn anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment