Thursday, September 9, 2010

Just Thinking

Sitting on the portal at Jack and Sue's, I came to realize that this period of traveling has allowed me to refine and define what it is that I really want. In a sense, I knew I would know it when I saw it. Now I could explain it quite clearly to a realtor or other to actually find it. Since the van is going into the shop on Monday for some sensor or other (yeah, I know, I said I wouldn't fix it) it is a good time for me to figure out my next steps.

I have stayed in so many beautiful homes, I am honored to be welcome in so many wonderful places. Nonetheless, I know that I don't want anything that big to take care of. I don't have it in me anymore and I don't like a mess so I'm thinking something small and open.

I have become aware of the fact that I am not only NOT a New Yorker anymore, but I am in fact, a Californian. Why this surprises me so can only be explained that although I have lived in California more than half my life, I always considered myself a New Yorker.

I remember telling Dad that I was bi-coastal nearly fifteen years ago and it makes me smile. His response, "I don't want that much information Marian" I still believe he thought I was saying that I was bi-sexual, his hearing was never that great. He was certainly confused when I laughed about it. If you knew him, then you know that there was no point in trying to explain, his mind was set and the subject was closed. He would have been ninety this past Saturday. It's nice that I can smile when I think of him, that's a lot of healing right there :D

Anyway, I am just starting to devise a plan for the end of September and the beginning of October. I really want to begin looking in earnest, rather than just visiting and thinking in a global sort of way. I need to be in Los Angeles for Oct 23, for part two of my interrogation, I mean, deposition. I'll probably need to go back for a doctor's appointment sometime between now and then, but only the Shadow knows for sure.

I'm thinking of heading north through Colorado (yes, I did promise Aunt Joan/Jean another visit) and then continuing north west to the coast. I suspect that if I take the secondary roads I just might find exactly what I'm looking for.

I have been thinking of doing a weekly rents somewhere up north so I can leave the animals while I house hunt...I need to do some research on that though. Any recommendations? So, I guess that's it. I know what my next step is, so thanks for letting me figure it out.

For those of you interested in the animals' well being, Fluffy has actually hunted something bigger than she is and took like three days to digest it. She had the weirdest expression on her face and her stomach was full right up to her neck...should I call this one: Fluffy Makes Her Own Thanksgiving Dinner? Coco has finally gotten Ginger to play with him. Ginger is bigger than Coco and pretty timid even if she is a two year old. It's funny to watch because he is so intimidated by her size. He's been running around a lot and has actually lost a few pounds-which I kind of think I found, but that's another story.

By the way, if you are a reader and aren't a follower, I have no idea that you are checking in. And if you are a follower, did you know that you can make comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment