Saturday, December 1, 2012

Smoked Turkey

So, Thanksgiving has come and gone and I was only a week behind.  Which is to say that I cooked my turkey exactly one week late.  I wasn't really that far behind schedule-although I am perfectly capable of it, it's just that I hemmed and hawed so long about whether or not I was going to cook one that by the time I got around to buying one there were only huge birds left, so I waited for company.

Ricky and Joseph blew into town and while they raked my leaves and straightened up this and that, I cooked the 17 pound turkey for us.  Of course, I have my turkey roasting pan so well stashed that I could not find it...so, I used the lasagna pan-which isn't deep enough...resulting in drippings in the oven that set off two smoked detectors.  It's not your typical dinner music, but it wasn't a typical dinner so I guess you could say it was on theme and it was in stereo.

It's really just another day, but Happy Thanksgiving.  Come on bye if you'd like some smoked turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment