Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Looking for Clarity

It's become quite unclear to me, and it is in no doubt that I need new glasses.  I actually don't mind wearing glasses, it buying them that I find a very specific type of torture.
The selection of frames is practically endless, and I know that whatever I choose is going to look weird just because I'm not used to them  After comparing three or four pair, I feel truly ridiculous. 

At this point the sales girl appears.  "Did you find something you like?"

"Not really,"  I admit, "I'm looking for a good suggestion."  She picks up the abandoned frames from the counter and begins to put them back.

"None of this suit your face, or your color.  Why don't you  come with me."  She turns the corner and there are five hundred more pairs of glasses.  My mind goes instantly into overload....you could say that I don't like shopping for them at all.  She looks at me like I am being dramatic just because my hands flew over my eyes.  Some people are so judgemental.

"I think you'll find something that suits you over here."  She flourishes to her left and there are three walls of frames in a sort of office cubicle.  The woman in the glasses ads looks a lot like me.  Hmm, there could be something to this.  I have been in the glasses place now for twenty five minutes and I am still somewhat short of the target here.

Need I go on?  Is it obvious to you yet that I need guidance here?   I mean glasses say a lot about a person, what do I want my glasses to say about me?  What can I say?  "I need a nap."  I say to the sales girl as I pull myself to my feet and begin assembling myself for departure.

"Just try this one pair."  She hands me glasses, I put them on, I buy them because I just want to get out of the freaking store and I did come here to get new glasses.  It's how I got my last three pair, can't say I'm crazy about it...you could say that I don't like it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment