Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'd Rathter Be A Four Than An Eight

This week has gone by so fast that it's hard to know where to start.  I emptied my storage compartment here in Colorado Springs and it is so nice to have some of my things around me.  I have unpacked as much of that stuff as I can without furniture, which is expected to arrive on Saturday.  To say that I am excited is a gross understatement.  While that sounds so good, I need to keep in mind that I have two pods to unpack, thankfully, the Warford's are coming in to help me.  I still think we're going to need some muscle to get the couch and loveseat in.

I have made a friend here, Rosa, and she is happy to help me learn my way around town.  Yesterday we went to Kmart and got some area rugs for the hardwood floors which, in this case, I say are softwood floors since Coco's nails leave a trail in the wood.  I was told by a local guy to installs these floors that if I give them a coat of waterbased polyuretherene (which he couldn't remember the name of) I won't have that problem anymore.  I expect to look into this in the very near future.

Since being here I have enjoyed a reduced pain level.  Usually, I start my day around a 6 (of 10) and stay around an 8 for most of the day.  I do my level best not to push it past a 9, or pay the consequences, but here in Colorado Springs, I wake up at a 4 and level out at a 6 or 7.  It is very easy to understand why I was so set on moving here and why I am so glad to finally be getting settled in.

When the PODS arrive, I expect to be dedicated to getting them unloaded and all of my possessions settled in.  I know that I have a computer in there, but I don't have any Internet service established as of yet so I guess I will post again when I have more to say than "I continue to unpack."

No comments:

Post a Comment