Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Recharging My Battery?

It's hard to know if any one's noticed, but I did not post yesterday as usual.  I got a little wrapped up in a Facebook political debate amongst my cousins and posting slipped my mind.  This morning, my laptop was dead, as was my phone and camera battery.  It seemed particularly poignant since I am a little run down myself.  On the eve of my birthday, it seems that I am in need of a recharge in many ways.  My former husband used to make a joke about that, and I smiled in memory of it and him.  Life is funny sometimes...

To get my new year off to a good start, I did my laundry and organized my papers among other mundane tasks that make a life a little simpler.  Now that the day is done, it seems just right to bring my blog up to date as well.

I remain in Los Angeles, at Lorraine and Jim Stewart's and I haven't made many plans.  I have turned down some pleasant invitations, but I really don't want to do anything.  I am not really interested in this birthday.  You probably know that, usually, my birthday is nearly my favorite day of the year, second only to Christmas but this year...well, I have been non-plussed about Christmas before, perhaps it's just my birthday's turn to be unremarkable, perhaps I am finally feeling my age.  I have always wondered about some people not caring that much to celebrate their birthday's.  Anyway, I am more interested in other things.

I have been working on selecting my supplemental medical insurance to Medicare.  Anyone who has been through this knows that it is no simple task, so I gave myself permission not to be upset about how confusing it is.  At this point I have narrowed it down to six providers and over the next couple of days I expect to get it to one.  It will be an excellent gift to myself to have medical insurance again and who knows, maybe I'll get excited about that.  My twenty year old self is whispering to me that I am now most certainly old, when medical insurance is more exciting than my birthday - but what did the twenty year old me know about what was really important anyway?  She was too busy dancing. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment