Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nearly Home

So much has happened since my last post that I hardly know where to start...so I'll start at the beginning. Alice is such an incredible hostess that I found myself there for more than a month! Knowing that I need a couple of weeks to drive west, I left NY/NJ and stopped at Mom's for a kiss goodbye and found her in distress. So, rather than an in and out, I stayed long enough to get things straightened out and left with such a heavy heart. At that moment, if I was able to stay I would have for an indefinite period of time. Nonetheless, I met Barbara and Louis at, where else, the Broadway Diner and headed off into the west.

My next stop was at my long lost cousin's, Beth Anne Gerhart, whom I haven't seen in at least thirty years. It was so wonderful to meet her and her family! What charming people, I am so glad I took the time to stop, certainly there is a closer relationship in the future.

I hopped up to Interstate 80 since I haven't taken the northern route thus far, It was so beautiful! We are certainly blessed! I drove with a mind full of wonder with little regard for time or place, this is a luxury I wish for everyone. At some point, I had to choose a route and since I was caught by surprise, I headed towards Denver. No reason, I guess it sounded good.

Of course, I swung by Aunt Joan's in Colorado Springs since I was in the neighborhood. I had stopped on my way east but she wasn't home. This time, she was. We had such an amazing visit! If you remember how funny she is, then I don't need to explain why I was so reluctant to leave after three days.

New Mexico is eight hours out of Colorado Springs, so here I am. Sue is struggling through her radiation but you couldn't tell by looking at her. She looks better than I have ever seen her! Given my need to be in LA this weekend, I will have to plan another visit when I can stay longer.

My next stop is the Wallace's in Tuscon, AZ. I don't really know how I am going to stay more than twenty minutes since their dog will eat Fluffy for breakfast and it will be too hot to leave her in the car or garage, I will at least say hello and head for the Stewart's for a belated birthday celebration.

I will be in LA for at least a week, but not much longer since I am itching to find my new place and call it home. Then again, they are quite good at keeping me entertained so we shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment