Saturday, August 14, 2010

Home Away from Home

Since returning to Los Angeles yesterday, it has been brought to my attention that my blog has had too many lapses and I must concur. Please allow me to explain.

In starting this blog, it was my intention to do two things: 1) to reassure those concerned of my whereabouts of my safety and 2) to provide myself with an overview of the journey that leads to the next phase of my life. I also was concerned that I not turn it into a pain report or some other drivel of the physical realities of my days. As a result, I limited myself to reports of activities that were interesting in some way, and I must confess, there were some days that I was just too busy experiencing the beauty of the world around me to whip out my computer. Then came the virus.

If you are under the impression that l lost some weight on this trip, you know exactly what I am talking about, for alas, the hospitality and generosity of my hosts has been such that no such thing has happened and as a matter of fact I have found some weight that I was not looking for, regardless of what that phantom post said.

Alas, other issues arose that I had not prepared myself for and that is the matter of days spent talking comfortably in some one's home, which leaves little to report and the reality of a necessary recovery day following each travel day, as well as the random lack of access to the internet. Later, I encountered the obstacle of being present to assist with difficulties too private for this blog. A more experienced columnist would have ready interesting tidbits or pre-written stories to fill these gaps, so my inexperience is revealed. No harm, I have learned my lesson and endeavor to correct my bad behavior as I prepare myself for the next phase of my journey to adapt.

Having said all of that, I am sitting at Lorraine and Jim's with Fluffy at my side, who has nearly forgiven me for leaving Jack and Sue's. Who can blame her? It was a cat's dream come true and Fluffy's west coast favorite. While Coco is relishing in his personal favorite - Lorraine and Jim who only spoil him a little bit...okay, a little bit more everyday. What more could a dog want?

No comments:

Post a Comment