Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sneakers

A friend of mine dropped a dog off for me to check out.  I was thinking that I was going to take a look at it, he was thinking that he was going to leave it here for three days...so, I have a dog, of sorts.

This dog is probably about three years old and is calm and housebroken.  She doesn't go into the trash at all but will pinch food off of the counter when given the opportunity.  She is afraid to be touched-at all, so I have not been able to brush her or bathe her.  This is enough for me to abandon the project.

Supposedly her name is Sneakers, but that is a surprise to her because when I call her name I get no reaction at all.  I have taken to calling her Pickles because it is the only thing that she will not eat.

She has one blue eye and one brown eye, and as much as I hate to admit it, it freaks me out a little.  She is chocolate brown and has some speckling which could turn out to be white if she ever gets a bath. 

It is amazing how much I can waffle on taking this dog to the pound.  The truth is that I don't want her.  She is good with the cat, but the fact that she won't let me touch her is unacceptable.  How can you train a dog you can't touch?  I will have to figure out how to get a leash on her so I can turn her in.  That will be a new experience for me...turning in an animal...

I've had a lot of new experiences these last couple of years, this is not one that I am looking forward to....

No comments:

Post a Comment