Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Fluffy Arrises From the Ashes

Quite recently, I realized that I really do prefer a drama free life, and to a certain extent I have achieved that.  Certainly, I have had my traumas but I am convinced that a trauma doesn't have to become a drama.  It's a working theory at this point, but I like it just the same.

Among other things, I have found parts of myself reemerging in small ways like, my love of power tools.  Sanding my picnic table with my Makita sander is therapeutic in some measurable way.  I don't make tremendous progress, but that doesn't really matter.  What matters is that I feel able.  I like that feeling so I'll probably be sanding some more.

My former husband taught me how to use a power sander, he wouldn't let me do it-but he showed me how.  It came in handy today as I prepare the redwood table to be reassembled after all this time.  I look forward to eating at it sometime in the next few weeks.  It's not a big job, but I don't have any reason to press myself in such hot weather.  It'll get done.

While I was sanding, and watching the beauty of the natural redwood reappear from beneath the weathered surface, I found myself rewriting my Fluffy book inside my head and I have decided that it is safe for me to approach that project that went up in smoke.  I guess I am over it, for all intensive purposes.   It feels good for that to be part of my past, and not part of my present.

I have decided that I really won't be maintaining this blog anymore...I can't say that I'll never post, it's just that while I was traveling it was important to me that people were able to find out what I was up to rather than worrying about what was going on with me.  Near as I can tell, I have one reader in the United States and the rest are in other parts of the world.  This is interesting in it's own right, but since I have no idea why people in Denmark and Russia want to read my blog while my family and friends do not, I don't really feel compelled to post on any sort of a regular basis, especially since no one posts any comments at all and I am getting busy with other things, finally.

It is good for me to have other things going on in my life.  I hope that you do too.  If you'd like to share them with me, please do.  I can be reached at goodhobbits@comcast.com.  I would really enjoy talking with you so don't be shy, even if it is an English lesson, after all, I am a teacher.  Once a teacher, always a teacher :D

No comments:

Post a Comment