Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Stuff, and other mundane issues

Sometimes life gets confusing, not like calling an electrician when you need a plumber more like the days when you need both.  Okay, one kept the house from burning down and the other got the water draining, but seriously.

Last night I realized that, once again, I've gotten the cart in front of the horse and it may be true that I am lefthanded in a righthanded world, but it does get confusing.  At the moment, I am finally fitting into this house-which is to say that I need to shift everything six feet to the right, and I'm only five five so, how does that figure?  It goes something like this...

The outlets in the living room aren't properly grounded so the computer needs to be hooked up in another room.  That moves the laptop (easy) into the office (cold) and the printer needs to move as well (no room).  So, I get to figure out what comes out of the office (supplies) and where they go (I have no idea).  As far as problems go, it isn't much of one however, I have first hand experience that moving one thing requires moving a whole lot of other things, and the logical part of me put it where it belongs to begin with...

The last twenty boxes are in the laundry area and the shed.  I am really interested in recovering some items that haven't shown up yet, but I think I'll need a crowbar to fit them in here.  Then I started thinking, I'm only one person-why do I need so much stuff?  What can I get rid of and if I was going to get rid of it why didn't I do that before I moved?  So there you have it, the cart is in front of the horse.  Then I looked around and realized that I really like my stuff and I got confused all over again.

George Carlin did a bit about "stuff" and it was as funny as all of his best bits, I didn't really expect to be living it.  He's a whole lot funnier than I am.  I tried to put the link here but it ended up on my Facebook page, if I can figure it out, I'll add it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment