Thursday, October 20, 2011

Turning 100

In case you're wondering, I have no idea why I am up so late that it is early...no matter, I am days late postins so it is as good a time as any...in honor of my 100th post, I am composing by candlelight. It's not much of a celebration, but it suits me just fine.
We have had our first freeze, so I guess I should figure a way to get the rest of my stuff off of the back porch and into the house. I don't want to make any rash decisions at such a late hour, but it is kind of a no brainer. The fact that I still have stuff outside is the product of multiple factors: to begin with, I didn't know where I wanted it, then I decided that since I hadn't seen my stuff in about two years that I'd enjoy rediscovering each item, sort of like a gigantic Christmas where everything I got was something I already loved (you know I didn't take what I didn't love), and finally,there is the simple reality that I really can't move all this stuff myself.
I have gotten really good at staying below my pain threshold, I am finally learning to live with this I guess and it is easier to live with here, as I have mentioned before.
Since I have been feeling a little better, I am missing other things more. While it is nice to have more than a singular focus, it is hard to be this alone.
I never really thought about it before, but I have always been surrounded by loved ones, and I suppose, over time, I will be once again. In the meantime, rest assured that I miss you very much! In the meantime, it's so late that my Blackberry is falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment