Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Re-creation

Okay, when I thought up this blog, I intended to share the pearls of wisdom that I have gleaned from thoughtful reflection and blinding realizations following life events. No sooner had I set it up when I lost a dear friend and lost all interest and momentum. Now, I am beginning to pick up the pieces of my life as I emerge into a new life that I must create for myself.

It is certainly true that each and every one of us create our own lives, but at this very moment, I am embarking on a transition from the life I created as a teacher to the life I have as a disabled retiree. Certainly, it is attractive to keep on keeping on, in spite of the reduction in income, and for the past year or more, I have done so. It seems to me now, that I can live meagerly in my current style or well in a situation designed on these new parameters. This is my choice. Thus, I have given notice on my house and have begun sorting, packing and relieving myself of former necessities.

It is an interesting to put together a puzzle when you are not really certain what the final image is, and so, I pick up a piece, and try to make it fit. The variations on placement allows me to change my mind at will, though the outcome remains elusive.

For today, I have ten empty boxes to fill and continue my search for affordable living.

No comments:

Post a Comment